Department for Behavioral Health, Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities
Promote health and well-being by facilitating recovery for people whose lives have been affected by mental illness and substance use; supporting people with intellectual or other developmental disabilities; and building resilience for all.
All Kentuckians have access to quality services and supports to live full and healthy lives.
- Choice . We believe all people should have the fullest possible control over their own lives.
- Respect. We believe all people are valuable and have the right to lead meaningful, productive lives.
- Equity. We believe in equity and eradication of disparities to ensure all people have access to quality services.
- Advocacy. We believe in supporting all people to advocate for themselves and others; diverse voices should be sought, heard, and considered in making decisions.
- Trauma-Informed & Resilience-Oriented Approaches. We believe in trauma-informed systems that promote individual, community and organizational resilience.
- Excellence. We believe that service is collaborative, represents consumer needs, assures optimal use of public resources, and achieves the highest possible standard.
- Key Priority 1: Increase access to behavioral health & intellectural disability services & supports.
- Key Priority 2: Improve quality of care in the behavioral health & intellectual disabiltiy service delivery system.
- Key Priority 3: Reinforce a resilient, inclusive, and equitable organizational culture.
- Assist in the modernization of Medicaid Services to increase the quality of benefit services.
- Develop a DBHDID/Medicaid service delivery system that promotes evidence-based practices.
- Develop an infrastructure that ensures the use of research-based knowledge, both internally and externally, to enhance the continuum of care.
- Ensure that each DBHDID facility has a transition process that begins at admission and is an integral part of each individual's treatment plan.
- Improve the crisis stabilization system to serve individuals across disabilities.
- Empower Kentuckians regardless of disability or age to lead lives of dignity and hope in accordance with their individual choices.
- Promote inclusion in community-based settings for individuals with disabilities.
- Ensure responsible fiscal and programmatic oversight and accountability.
- Increase effective monitoring of service providers.
- Promote quality outcomes through best practices and data driven decisions.
- Increase initiatives to build best practices throughout the system of care.
- Increase effective utilization and integration of data collection process.
- Promote resiliency, recovery, and inclusion in community living.
- Increase accessibility to community support services for eligible individuals.
- Provide education and resources to all stakeholders to create and sustain an infrastructure base for evidence-based practices.
- Increase knowledge base and enhance skill sets on best practices to support a more effective work force.