Department for Behavioral Health, Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities
Thank you for visiting the Kentucky Department for Behavioral Health, Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities home page. We hope that we can accommodate your needs.
Through our continued efforts we hope to help you in any way we can. Thank you for visiting, and feel free to explore our many services.
Promote health and well-being by facilitating recovery for people whose lives have been affected by mental illness and substance use; supporting people with intellectual or other developmental disabilities; and building resilience for all.
All Kentuckians have access to quality services and supports to live full and healthy lives.
- Choice . We believe all people should have the fullest possible control over their own lives.
- Respect. We believe all people are valuable and have the right to lead meaningful, productive lives.
- Equity. We believe in equity and eradication of disparities to ensure all people have access to quality services.
- Advocacy. We believe in supporting all people to advocate for themselves and others; diverse voices should be sought, heard, and considered in making decisions.
- Trauma-Informed & Resilience-Oriented Approaches. We believe in trauma-informed systems that promote individual, community and organizational resilience.
- Excellence. We believe that service is collaborative, represents consumer needs, assures optimal use of public resources, and achieves the highest possible standard.