Faith-Based Initiatives Prevention Enhancement Site
The Faith-Based Initiatives Prevention Enhancement Site is managed through Communicare Regional Prevention Center. The goal of the Faith-Based PES is to combine resources with faith-based groups in order to have a greater impact on youth and adults when promoting messages for the prevention of alcohol and drug use.
Faith leaders can play a critical role in how prevention messages are received, so having the support of the faith-based community strengthens the comprehensive and long-term initiatives of substance abuse prevention.
- Assistance in networking with faith and community groups across Kentucky.
- Ideas for incorporating substance abuse prevention strategies into ministries.
- Ways to utilize volunteers and local resources.
- Technical assistance in developing community partnerships.
- Mini-grant opportunities.