Kentucky Eating Disorder Council
In 2020, KRS 210.051 established the Kentucky Eating Disorder Council within the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. Access KRS 210.051 through its link in the Related Links box.
Goals of the Council
- Oversee the development and implementation of eating disorder awareness, education and prevention programs.
- Identify strategies for improving access to adequate diagnosis and treatment services.
- Assist the Cabinet for Health and Family Services in identifying eating disorder research projects.
- Work with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services and other appropriate entities to routinely examine existing surveillance systems, data collection systems, and administrative databases to determine the best strategies for implementing evidence-based eating disorder measures that provide data for program and policy planning purposes.
- As reasonably as possible, collaborate and coordinate on data research projects with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services and other appropriate entities.
- Make recommendations regarding legislative and regulatory changes as appropriate.
The Kentucky Eating Disorder Council consists of 18 members. Council members, who are appointed, include state government representatives, physicians, psychologists, and those with lived experience.
Council meetings are held at least quarterly.
For more information about the Kentucky Eating Disorder Council, use the information in the Contact Information box.