New Provider Information
Quality SCL Providers are needed in all areas of community-based supports, and Supported Employment Providers are currently in the greatest demand throughout Kentucky. We invite you to actively explore the application process, and we will assist you every step of the way.
SCL New Provider Development Specialists offer an orientation at least every quarter. The required orientation is designed to answer your questions about becoming a certified SCL Provider and will provide you with step-by-step directions for assembling an enrollment packet.
For more information about topics covered in orientation, please click the link below.
After initial contact has been made, you will be assigned to work with a specialist. The next step is to complete the prerequisites for New Provider Orientation and then register for orientation. During the interim, you will find it very helpful to visit the Related Links to the right and should become familiar with the SCL regulations.
The Division of Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities (DDID) certifies provider agencies participating in the Supports for Community Living Waiver. Provider certification is based on regulations established by the Department for Medicaid Services.
Providers may be certified in all or some of the following support and service areas. Stay tuned for upcoming changes in our service definitions.
Once DDID has processed the enrollment packet and certified a provider agency, the Department for Medicaid Services will issue a provider number. After a provider number has been issued, a provider can initiate services.
The following is a list of required items and documents that are needed to complete your enrollment packet. This should be submitted after you have successfully completed the New Provider Orientation.
- The credentials of the executive director and program director.
- Background checks: criminal record, Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry and Kentucky's Nurse Aid Registry.
- A business plan, including a projected operating budget for the initial six months postcertification.
- A financial statement showing that the agency has the capacity to cover six months of expenses based on its budget.
- A copy of the agency's policy and procedure manual.
- A table of organization, articles of incorporation and bylaws, or articles of organization and operating agreement.
- A list of the members of the board of directors.
- Verification of nonprofit status, if applicable, and a Tax ID number.
- Documentation of good standing, if a Medicaid provider in another state.